Emy Johnson, Director of Theft & Fraud Operations Assets Protection, has been with Target for over 27 years. Over the years, Emy has led teams in a variety of capacities, in Corporate Responsibility, Assets Protection, Healthcare Theft & Fraud, Market Investigation, Communications and Community Relations, and has received numerous outstanding commendations, such as the Top 10 Global Women in Leadership Forum Connector Award in 2014, the 2013 Woen in Business Award as well as being chosen by Target for distinctive leadership development programs and to represent the company at numerous public relations events around the country.
Over the past four years, Emy has served the city of Shoreview faithfully to help bring jobs, restaurants, housing and even a premier grocery store to the citizens of this wonderful city. As the current president of the Economic Development Authority for the City of Shoreview, Emy has had the opportunity to review the many benefits of growing businesses in Shoreview, benefits that include job growth, business retention, and economic expansion. Additionally, working collaboratively with both Ramsey County Sheriff’s department and Lake Johanna Fire Department on all facets of public safety, from prevention and risk -mitigation to partnership, has been one of Emy’s top priorities: providing superior services for Shoreview’s citizens that ensure the safety of the community. Coupled with her goal to advance and establish partnerships that enhance Shoreview, Emy is supportive of any idea that will help grow and sustain the city’s economy and yet retain and preserve Shoreview’s base of locally-owned businesses, its many parks and trails as well as the fine homes of all of residents.
- Leadership – Extensive experience in developing people through succession planning.
- Results-driven orientation – Focused on implementing objectives, budgeting, resource development, and administration.
- Risk management – Out of the box thinker comfortable seeking equitable solutions in a resourceful manner.
- Shoreview Economic Development Authority Committee, President
- Lake Johanna Fire Department Relief Association, Board of Directors
- Upper Midwest Community Policing Institute, Board of Directors
- Shoreview Community Foundation, Board Member
- Northeast Youth and Family Services, Board Member
- Citizens’ Council – Target, Co-Leader
- Boy Scouts of America, Merit Badge Counselor
- National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators (NADDI), Member
- American Society for Industrial Security, Member
- Friendly Exchange Community, Member
- Wines to Wishes, St. John the Baptist Annual School Fundraiser, Co-founder
- Little Lights Preschool, Board Member
- Ice Cream Social, St. John the Baptist School, Co-chair
- Night to Unite, Community Organizer
- Ralph Reeder Food Shelf, Volunteer
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, Youth Mentor
Saint Mary’s University Minnesota
Bachelor of Science in Police Science
Master of Arts in Human Development
Hubert Humphrey School of Public Affairs
Public Policy Fellow